Happy Valentine’s Day from your friends and neighbors at Champlain Islanders Developing Essential Resources, Inc. C.I.D.E.R. works because a lot of people pitch in to help as volunteers, members, and supporters. Please join us in our efforts to ensure that every Grand Isle County resident, especially elders and persons with disabilities, may continue to live with dignity in these special Islands’ communities. Your generous and tax deductible gift will:
- Provide a neighbor with a ride to the doctor, the grocery store, or to life sustaining therapy such as dialysis.
- Serve a hot and nutritious meal at our community meals program “THE NEIGHBORS” or deliver Meals-On-Wheels to persons unable to leave their home.
- Build a wheelchair ramp or other home accessibility project for someone with a physical disability.
- Support strength and exercise classes for older adults in the Islands.
- Provide end-of-life information and education for individuals and families facing this difficult and challenging time.
- Help collect and loan pieces of special needs equipment such as wheelchairs, bedside commodes, and walkers.
- Coordinate community volunteers making reassurance calls and friendly visits, providing help with bill pay management, and assisting with occasional chores like snow shoveling and air conditioner installation.
- Make you feel very good about being able to lend a hand to your Island neighbors.
The values that guide C.I.D.E.R. are to be: Caring, Creative, Client Centered, Cost Effective, and Community Based, With our reliance on volunteers, as well as local support and direction, C.I.D.E.R. is truly “Neighbors Helping Neighbors“.
Please Give Generously