How to Volunteer at C.I.D.E.R.
C.I.D.E.R. always has volunteer opportunities for Grand Isle residents. If there is something special that you would like to do please contact us at 372-6425.
We are always looking for volunteers to:
- Drive your neighbors to appointments and shopping (background checks required)
- Fold newsletters
- Stuff annual fund drive envelopes
- Shovel snow for seniors
- Phone shut-ins
- Help at fund raising events
- Be a “Friendly Visitor” for a shut-in
- Help serve meals or wash dishes at The Neighbors meal-site
- Deliver Meals on Wheels to South Hero, Grand Isle
- Transport Meals on Wheels to North Hero for delivery in Alburgh and Isle La Motte
- Be a Bill Buddy – helping folks with balancing their checkbook and paying bills
- Help build wheelchair ramps (weather permitting)
- Volunteer in the office covering for vacationing staff
- Help plant a garden for a wheelchair bound client
- Help with other opportunities that are just a “phone call away”
Call us at 372-6425 to learn about the many things that you can do to assist C.I.D.E.R. with it’s mission of keeping seniors and persons with disabilities at home and independent for as long as possible.